Re: [conex] My notes on abstract audit

Mirja Kuehlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@ikr.uni-stuttgart.de> Tue, 04 June 2013 18:34 UTC

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <mirja.kuehlewind@ikr.uni-stuttgart.de>
To: conex@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 20:14:13 +0200
Subject: Re: [conex] My notes on abstract audit

Hi Matt,

I know you've been sending this mail a long time ago but I had another look at
it just now. And I realized that you took another assumption on the meaning
of credits at the audit that I'm currently doing in the in TCP mod draft.

In your notes you assume that the credit counter will be reduced in the audit
whenever the balance is negative and a new congestion mark arrives.

My assumption was so far, that the credits you send sit forever in the audit
(expect route changes or other state resets).

I believe this is nowhere clearly specified and we need to find a solution
here.

Anyway, both proposal for the sender algorithm (when to send credit) cannot
handle the case when the state gets actually reset at the audit and thus will
cause the audit to (wrongly) penalize a connection in this case.

Mirja