[core] Barry Leiba's Yes on draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units-05: (with COMMENT)

Barry Leiba via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 19 February 2020 22:14 UTC

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units@ietf.org, Jaime Jimenez <jaime@iki.fi>, core-chairs@ietf.org, jaime@iki.fi, core@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 14:14:02 -0800
Subject: [core] Barry Leiba's Yes on draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units-05: (with COMMENT)

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units-05: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units/

COMMENT:

You have a typo in section 4: "obove", where "above" is meant.

 + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

The following are comments from Murray Kucherawy, incoming ART AD.  Murray is
getting an early start on doing reviews, and I’m including his comments into my
ballots during the overlap period before he’s officially an Area Director.

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Section 2: Just out of curiosity, why are some of the newly registered "VA"s
all-caps and some all-lowercase?

Section 4: I'm a bit uneasy about saying the rules for this new registry are
the same as for that older registry, with exceptions.  That means if the rules
for the old registry change, someone needs to remember to consider whether the
rules for the new registry should change in parallel, or whether something else
should happen.  But if there's precedent for doing that, or the result is
unambiguous, then we're probably fine.

Also, "six columns" followed by five bullets... I think I'd rather coax the
scale/offset line apart.

Seems to me that Section 2 and all but the last two paragraphs of Section 4
should be in Section 7.  I've never seen an "IANA Considerations" section be a
complete indirection like that.  But if we allow that, then OK.