[core] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-problem-details-05: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 13 June 2022 14:31 UTC

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-core-problem-details@ietf.org, core-chairs@ietf.org, core@ietf.org, jaime@iki.fi, jaime@iki.fi
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 07:31:06 -0700
Subject: [core] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-problem-details-05: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-problem-details-05: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-problem-details/

COMMENT:

Hi,

No real objection except that it feels like this is yet another part of the
"HTTP stack" that is ported into COAP in a somewhat bespoke way.  I'm not
convinced that the on the wire byte savings will end up being that great,
considering that there still seems to be a reasonable amount of text returned
in the error response.  Further, although the responses end up being machine
readable, I'm not sure how easily peer software can really automatically handle
those errors other than the error indicating that it is a transient response
and hence potentially the operation could be retried.

But other than a slight rant, no actionable comments.

Regards,
Rob