[core] Secdir telechat review of draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units-05

Valery Smyslov via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 20 February 2020 12:37 UTC

From: Valery Smyslov via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: secdir@ietf.org
Cc: last-call@ietf.org, draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units.all@ietf.org, core@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 04:37:05 -0800
Subject: [core] Secdir telechat review of draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units-05

Reviewer: Valery Smyslov
Review result: Ready

IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat

For some reason I've got the assignment to re-review this document past its
deadline (I've got the assignment today, 20 February, and the indicated
deadline for the review is 18 February, so I'm not sure whether this review is
still useful).

Anyway, the document has received some changes from -02 version which I
reviewed last time. In particular, Security Considerations section is enhanced
with the text describing a potential for a confusion about the proper unit to
use. While I'm not sure it's really a security condideration and not an
interoperability consideration, I agree that there are no additional threats
from security point of view.

And my concern about improper use of normative language is resolved.