[core] CoCoA and Aggregate Congestion Control [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-bormann-core-cocoa-04.txt]

"Carles Gomez Montenegro" <carlesgo@entel.upc.edu> Thu, 14 July 2016 16:13 UTC

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 18:14:23 +0200
From: Carles Gomez Montenegro <carlesgo@entel.upc.edu>
To: core@ietf.org
Subject: [core] CoCoA and Aggregate Congestion Control [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-bormann-core-cocoa-04.txt]

Dear CoRE WG list members,

We submitted revision -04 of draft-bormann-core-cocoa, as you can see below.

On Thursday next week, in Berlin, we will present the latest draft updates
and results, and will ask for WG adoption of the draft. As the meeting
agenda is quite compressed, we would like to achieve some progress already
on the list, in particular, regarding Aggregate Congestion Control (ACC).

ACC is currently included in the CoCoA draft as an appendix. While CoCoA
is intended to be generally applicable, ACC is more interesting on the
cloud side, where a single CoAP endpoint may need to talk to thousands of
other endpoints and may need to control the burstiness of the resulting
aggregate traffic.

We would like to ask the WG opinion about which is the best place for ACC:

- Is ACC a feature that you would like to see in this draft?

- Should ACC be pushed to a new draft?

Your comments will be very helpful to make a decision in this regard.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Carles