Re: [core] Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units-02.txt> (Additional Units for SenML) to Proposed Standard

"Pete Resnick" <resnick@episteme.net> Mon, 28 October 2019 18:57 UTC

From: Pete Resnick <resnick@episteme.net>
To: "Gillmore, Matthew" <Matthew.Gillmore@itron.com>
Cc: Ari Keränen <ari.keranen=40ericsson.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca>, core-chairs@ietf.org, IETF Crazy <ietf@ietf.org>, core <core@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units@ietf.org, Hytonen Harri <harri.hytonen@vaisala.com>, last-call@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 13:57:45 -0500
Subject: Re: [core] Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units-02.txt> (Additional Units for SenML) to Proposed Standard

Matt, Ari, and Harri,

While you give good support for adding these units, and I am OK with
that idea, do you have any objection to adding them to the main
registry, which was the other suggestion that Cullen made? I still have
not seen a convincing argument not to make these part of the main
registry.

pr

On 28 Oct 2019, at 10:40, Gillmore, Matthew wrote:

> Hi Cullen,
>
> I am the chair of the IPSO working group in OMA and also support what
> Ari wrote.  During the last IETF in Montreal, stakeholders from the
> IPSO working group along with the Core working group met and it was
> consensus amongst both working groups that the second registry is how
> we would like to move forward.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt

>>> mPnFlr7WEiLKKLxMke_BtKIEXMq-xPdsDRzT3I1k&s=wIciltspG7rnX8nThlkp4SeFlD
>>> uiYAwaeqZEOxVBC9Y&e=
>>>
>>> IESG discussion can be tracked via
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf
>>> .org_doc_draft-2Dietf-2Dcore-2Dsenml-2Dmore-2Dunits_ballot_&d=DwIGaQ&
>>> c=pqcuzKEN_84c78MOSc5_fw&r=UdGshIy7O85QbjoqbIdb_K7GJN4Vxe8yisqNq0oQtS
>>> 4&m=1HSmPnFlr7WEiLKKLxMke_BtKIEXMq-xPdsDRzT3I1k&s=cS56g5iiq-KyNYhVVTz