Re: [core] New units for SenML

Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca> Wed, 17 April 2019 13:38 UTC

From: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 07:38:54 -0600
Cc: core <core@ietf.org>
To: Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>
Subject: Re: [core] New units for SenML

I think our goal should be to have units that are pragmatically useful but try not to have too many confusing duplicates. The units here seem inline with that so I support this.

I wonder if  VAa for Volt Amps apparent and  VAr for Volt Amps reactive might be clearer names. It might be worth mentioning that W is real power.