[core] draft-ietf-core-resource-directory

Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com> Sun, 26 August 2018 20:23 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: draft-ietf-core-resource-directory@ietf.org
CC: 'core' <core@ietf.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 13:23:34 -0700
Subject: [core] draft-ietf-core-resource-directory

* The term registree-ep is in the document.  This is not a word that I can
find.  I think what you want to say is registrant-ep.

* Section 5.3 - there is a statement that the endpoint name must be unique
within a sector.  I cannot think of any way that this can be enforced by an
RD.

* Section 6.1 - I am trying to decide if there should be a sentence that
says that only the href is allowed in the body.  Any other properties are
either ignored or an error.

* Section 5.3 - Is it a bad request if there is a 'base' in the content?

* Section 5.3 - We seem to have lost the following operations.  Is this
intentional?  Cannot do a get, post or delete to an endpoint.  I probably
only care about the last as the other two are doable in other ways.

*  I cannot figure out where the base that is assigned in a group would be
used.  For group lookup it would not make any sense as you are returning
endpoints on the RD.  For endpoint lookup again we return pointers to the
RD.  For resource lookups I would expect it to return everything relative to
the base of the endpoint.  It would appear that there is no longer a GET on
/rd/groups

Jim