Re: [Crisp] Questions re current status of IRIS schemas and IRIS clients and servers

Andrei Robachevsky <andrei@ripe.net> Thu, 24 January 2008 13:53 UTC

Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:47:56 +0100
From: Andrei Robachevsky <andrei@ripe.net>
To: ctaswell@telegenetics.net
Subject: Re: [Crisp] Questions re current status of IRIS schemas and IRIS clients and servers
Cc: crisp@ietf.org, andy@hxr.us, iris@lists.verisignlabs.com, 'David Blacka' <davidb@verisign.com>

Hi Carl,

Carl Taswell wrote on 22-01-2008 19:34:
> I'm beginning implementation work on a project originally designed to be
> built using IRIS. But I understand from David Blacka at Verisign that the
> IRIS client server prototypes implemented and hosted at Verisign Labs are no
> longer supported. I am left wondering whether there are any active projects
> currently underway for development of IRIS clients and servers, either open
> source, academic university, or commercial at any organization.

A few years ago we at the RIPE NCC set up a prototype of the IRIS
server, based on VeriSign code. It provides live allocation data from
the RIPE Database. There was a client developed, you may find some more
information here:

http://www.ripe.net/db/iris-pilot/

The project is not active. At the moment there is little interest from
the community and we are not doing any further development in this area.

Andrei