[Crisp] Last Minute Last Call Comments on lwz-06

Marcos Sanz/Denic <sanz@denic.de> Mon, 28 August 2006 17:17 UTC

To: crisp@ietf.org
From: Marcos Sanz/Denic <sanz@denic.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:16:49 +0200
Cc: iesg@ietf.org
Subject: [Crisp] Last Minute Last Call Comments on lwz-06

Dear all,

There were some comments during Last Call on the draft in the general list
and my guess is that maybe Andy is going to do a new version with some
additional text in the security/MTU/congestion/retry issues. Besides that,
I think that the document is in good form and my company has implemented
it without any problems. Here come some nitpicking remarks:

*Section 1: s/descretion/discretion/
*Section 2: s/numberic/numeric/
*Section 2: s/left most/leftmost/ (so does the RFC editor like nowadays)
*Section 3: s/prepared to accepted/prepared to accept/
*Section 3: "clients MUST NOT send packets larger than 4000 octets".
Servers must not either.
*Section 3.1.1: s/lenght/length/
*Section 3.1.1: s/the total length of the UDP packet/the total length in
octets of the UDP packet/
*Section 3.1.1: s/the length of the authority field/the length in octets
of the authority field/
*Section 3.1.2: s/3 octets and/3 octets in length and/
*Section 3.1.2, 1st bullet: How realistic is that the transaction ID in
the request could not be read due to truncation? The transaction ID
occupies the bits in the positions 73rd to 88th!
*Section 3.1.2, 2nd bullet: s/MUST us/MUST use/
*Section 3.1.3: "The bits of the payload header are ordered..." I think
this sentence is redundant, because terminology has been already
introduced extensively in section 2.
*Section 3.1.3: s/bits 3/bit 3/
*Section 3.1.3: For the sake of completeness, add "If 0, the payload is
not compressed".
*Section 3.1.5: s/comformant/conformant/
*Section 3.1.5: "...and use the <versions> element as the root element."
That's true except for "vi" queries.
*Section 3.1.5, <dataModel>: s/IRIS registries/IRIS registry types/
*Section 3.1.5: s/PT flag/PT field/
*Section 3.1.5: One cause for sending 'vi' type is "The IRIS-based XML
payload does not match a version the server supports." My gut feeling is
that this shouldn't be dealt with at the transport level (neither XPC nor
BEEP do that for instance!) and would drop this reason, but I don't have
strong feelings about this.
*Section 3.1.7: s/interpretting/interpreting/
*Section 7.1.1: s/RFC2396/RFC3986/
*Appendix A: The same as with XPC, I'd drop all schemaLocation hints and
temporaryReference attributes from the clients requests.
*Appendix A: s/verion/version/

Best regards
Marcos