Re: [Crisp] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-crisp-iris-xpc-03.txt

"Robert Martin-Legene" <rlegene@gmail.com> Wed, 22 March 2006 22:05 UTC

Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:05:55 +0100
From: Robert Martin-Legene <rlegene@gmail.com>
To: crisp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Crisp] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-crisp-iris-xpc-03.txt

Dear everyone.

As was just mentioned in the WG meeting in Dallas, two days ago I
found something odd in the XPC draft. It seems there was no seperate
tcp port registration for XPCS (XPC via TLS). Andy thought it was in
there, but it somehow has not made it into the draft. So the document
needs to be revised again.

Then there's also time to put in a tiny section about that the server
SHOULD (?) close the connection if it receives chunk  type 010 (size
info), 011 (other info) or 110 (auth fail) from the client. For an
implementor, it's nice to have an accurate recipe.

BTW, is it a problem to mention SASL PLAIN when RFC2595 is for "IMAP,
POP3 and ACAP"?  Section 6 paragraph 2 of the RFC does actually say
"This defines the "PLAIN" SASL mechanism for use with ACAP and other
protocols with no clear-text login command.". So maybe it's ok? Btw,
it's not in the references either, so maybe I'm just barking up the
wrong tree.

I don't think I have anything else I can put my finger on.

Thank you for a super fast meeting.

-- Robert Martin-Legene, .dk