Subject: Re: [Curdle] sntrup761x25519-sha512

From: Niels Möller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 11:33:23 +0200

Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Salz, Rich" <rsalz=[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Nice to hear from you Mark!
>>
>>> I personally believe that using the @openssh.com extension is
>> sufficient until final NIST candidate parameters are published.
>>
>> Okay, if that works, then that makes sense :)
>
> It doesn't work -- sntrup761 is used widely on the Internet today and
> will continue to be used.

I'm not sure who's quoting who here.

But to me, documenting the way it's currently used in openssh (and
possible other implementations) seems like a great thing.

Then if the algorithm id for it is in the @openssh.org namespace, or
@josefsson.org, or an alias is defined in the iana namespace (no @...
suffix) is a detail of a lot less importance. I'd expect the currently
deployed stuff use an @openssh.org name?

Regards,
/Niels

-- 
Niels Möller. PGP key CB4962D070D77D7FCB8BA36271D8F1FF368C6677.
Internet email is subject to wholesale government surveillance.