Re: [Curdle] Adam Roach's No Objection on draft-schaad-curdle-oid-registry-02: (with COMMENT)

Rob Stradling <rob.stradling@comodo.com> Thu, 25 January 2018 09:37 UTC

To: curdle@ietf.org
From: Rob Stradling <rob.stradling@comodo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 09:37:47 +0000
Subject: Re: [Curdle] Adam Roach's No Objection on draft-schaad-curdle-oid-registry-02: (with COMMENT)

On 24/01/18 23:53, Jim Schaad wrote:
> Would adding the following lines be an adequate replacement?
>
> 0 - 99  | Retained by Symantec | [This RFC]
> 128+   | Retained by Symantec | [This RFC]

Symantec have also allocated a bunch of OIDs under the 1.3.101 arc to
the TRANS WG, for use in 6962-bis.

Therefore, "Retained by Symantec" seems a bit misleading.  I think
something along the lines of "Not allocated to CURDLE" would be more
accurate.

> I think this is more in line with normality that having a list of "this value open for registration".
>
> Jim

Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist
COMODO - Creating Trust Online
Office Tel: +44.(0)1274.730505
Office Fax: +44.(0)1274.730909
www.comodo.com

COMODO CA Limited, Registered in England No. 04058690
Registered Office:
   3rd Floor, 26 Office Village, Exchange Quay,
   Trafford Road, Salford, Manchester M5 3EQ

addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender by replying to the e-mail containing this attachment. Replies to
this email may be monitored by COMODO for operational or business
reasons. Whilst every endeavour is taken to ensure that e-mails are free
from viruses, no liability can be accepted and the recipient is
requested to use their own virus checking software.