Re: [cuss] Ratification of "Standards Action" guideline for draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Tue, 15 April 2014 08:24 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Alan Johnston <alan.b.johnston@gmail.com>, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 08:24:19 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.239.27.38]
Cc: "cuss@ietf.org" <cuss@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [cuss] Ratification of "Standards Action" guideline for draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui

In the use cse Paul had been giving, I have an assumption that the ISDN package would be used (because call centers) are connected to the PSTN as well. This would be effectively a privately defined protocol running over the top, and signalled as such.

If you want a public protocol (i.e. standardised) running over the top, the package definition, or any other UUI parameters, could be coupled with the RFC that defines it.

Keith