Re: [cuss] "isdn-uui" versus "isdn-network"

<bruno.chatras@orange.com> Wed, 20 November 2013 16:51 UTC

From: bruno.chatras@orange.com
To: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <vkg@bell-labs.com>, "cuss@ietf.org" <cuss@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 16:51:28 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.197.38.3]
Subject: Re: [cuss] "isdn-uui" versus "isdn-network"

Vijay,

I don't know who had been invited to the hallway conversation you mentioned but to be honest, I'm really surprised by the decision made.

Indeed, there were no objections on the cuss list to the latest wording (informative) proposed on Sept 12 for the text to be added to the document and I don't really understand why the proposal was not implemented right away in the I-D actually!
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/cuss/current/msg00509.html

Moreover, all people who have been active on this topic on the cuss mailing list either supported the addition of an informative text or have asked questions for clarification. I have not seen any explicit objection.

So, how can a hallway conversation lead to such a U-turn?

Furthermore, I'd like to understand why people have concerns with adding the proposed informative statement in the CUSS document but seem to be happy with a similar note in draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4583bis

  Note: In [15] 'm-stream' was erroneously used in Section 10.
   Although the example was non-normative, it is implemented by some
   vendors and occurs in cases where the endpoint is willing to act as
   an server.  Therefore, it is RECOMMENDED to support parsing and
   interpreting 'm-stream' the same way as 'mstrm' when receiving.

Bruno