Subject: [Dance] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-dance-client-auth-13 (Ends 2026-08-11)
From: Wes Hardaker via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2026 06:12:39 -0700
List-Id: DANE Authentication for Network Clients Everywhere <dance.ietf.org>

This message starts a (very last hopefully) WG Last Call for:
draft-ietf-dance-client-auth-13

This Working Group Last Call ends on 2026-08-11

Abstract:
   The DANE TLSA protocol describes how to publish Transport Layer
   Security (TLS) server certificates or public keys in the DNS.  This
   document updates RFC 6698 and RFC 7671.  It describes how to use the
   TLSA record to publish client certificates or public keys, and also
   the rules and considerations for using them with TLS.  In addition,
   it defines a new TLS extension, DANE Client Identity, to convey the
   client's domain name identity to the server.

File can be retrieved from:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dance-client-auth-13.txt

Please review and indicate your support or objection to proceed with the
publication of this document by replying to this email keeping [email-masked]
in copy. Objections should be explained and suggestions to resolve them are
highly appreciated.

Authors, and WG participants in general, are reminded of the Intellectual
Property Rights (IPR) disclosure obligations described in BCP 79 [1].
Appropriate IPR disclosures required for full conformance with the provisions
of BCP 78 [1] and BCP 79 [2] must be filed, if you are aware of any.
Sanctions available for application to violators of IETF IPR Policy can be
found at [3].

Thank you.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bcp78/
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bcp79/
[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6701/

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dance-client-auth/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dance-client-auth-13.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ietf-dance-client-auth-13