Subject: [Dance] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dance-client-auth-12.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2026 10:43:32 -0700
List-Id: DANE Authentication for Network Clients Everywhere <dance.ietf.org>

Internet-Draft draft-ietf-dance-client-auth-12.txt is now available. It is a
work item of the DANE Authentication for Network Clients Everywhere (DANCE) WG
of the IETF.

   Title:   TLS Client Authentication via DANE TLSA records
   Authors: Shumon Huque
            Viktor Dukhovni
   Name:    draft-ietf-dance-client-auth-12.txt
   Pages:   15
   Dates:   2026-07-06

Abstract:

   The DANE TLSA protocol describes how to publish Transport Layer
   Security (TLS) server certificates or public keys in the DNS.  This
   document updates RFC 6698 and RFC 7671.  It describes how to use the
   TLSA record to publish client certificates or public keys, and also
   the rules and considerations for using them with TLS.  In addition,
   it defines a new TLS extension, DANE Client Identity, to convey the
   client's domain name identity to the server.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dance-client-auth/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dance-client-auth-12.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ietf-dance-client-auth-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts