Re: [dane] Review of DANE SMTP draft

Lawrence Conroy <lconroy@insensate.co.uk> Fri, 14 March 2014 19:34 UTC

From: Lawrence Conroy <lconroy@insensate.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 19:34:42 +0000
To: dane@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dane] Review of DANE SMTP draft

Hi Viktor, Alexey, folks,

Please, please, please do NOT give invalid/incorrect examples (even as examples of what NOT to do).

Viktor: The text you have seems pretty obvious to me on reading.
To nail it in with a hammer, maybe c/when an MX RRset incorrectly lists a network address in lieu of an MX hostname, if the MTA chooses/Even though this form is invalid, some MX RRsets may be encountered that list a network address in lieu of an MX hostname. If the MTA nevertheless chooses/
(but that really is smashing the point home).

Now back to lurking.

all the best,
  Lawrence