Re: [Dart] ICE might send your traffic over TCP

Jonathan Lennox <jonathan@vidyo.com> Thu, 24 July 2014 13:00 UTC

From: Jonathan Lennox <jonathan@vidyo.com>
To: "Ruediger.Geib@telekom.de" <Ruediger.Geib@telekom.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:00:49 +0000
x-originating-ip: [31.133.191.192]
Cc: "dart@ietf.org" <dart@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Dart] ICE might send your traffic over TCP

I don’t think different drop precedences would be useful in respect to TCP.

The problem is that the way the WebRTC APIs are structured, it’s not necessarily clear to an application that its media traffic is indeed going over TCP, so it might make precedence requests that the browser implementing the APIs can’t (and shouldn’t try to) satisfy.

The question is how the browser should behave when that happens.  I spoke to Cullen about this, offline, after the DART session, and I believe he had a simple proposal.