Re: [datatracker-rqmts] New Requirement

"Jim Schaad" <ietf@augustcellars.com> Tue, 16 November 2010 03:42 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: 'Royer Software and Services' <royersoftwareandservices@gmail.com>, datatracker-rqmts@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:53:13 -0800
Subject: Re: [datatracker-rqmts] New Requirement

First, not all drafts that go to the ISE are actually reviewed by just the
IESB.  Many times we will solicit reviewers from the general community.  Now
let's say that <Your favorite evil person> writes a draft and requests the
ISE to publish this document.  We come to you and ask you to review the
document.  You might come back with three different responses:

1.  Sure
2.  Only if my name does not get back to <evil person>
3.  No way.

In cases 2 and 3 we might want to record this information in the data
tracker so that we know who was asked and when they were asked to do
reviews.  This might give me (as a member of the IESB) a clue as to who was
previously asked in the event that somebody does not deliver a review and I
am trying to come up with a replacement.  At present this type of data is so
private it only resides on the ISE's computer and is not available to the
IESB where it might be useful.

Jim