Re: [dc] Requirement for a method to manage mac address in DC

Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com> Fri, 10 February 2012 00:03 UTC

From: Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>
To: Pat Thaler <pthaler@broadcom.com>, Mallik Mahalingam <mallik@vmware.com>, Truman Boyes <tboyes@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 00:01:46 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.192.11.97]
Cc: Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com>, yu jinghai <yu.jinghai@zte.com.cn>, "dc@ietf.org" <dc@ietf.org>, Lizhong Jin <lizho.jin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [dc] Requirement for a method to manage mac address in DC

As long as Addresses (MAC or IP) within one Virtual Network Instance are unique, there shouldn’t be any issue.
If there are multiple management entities handling addresses, I would assume they will (and should) be coordinated well enough to not giving duplicated addresses within one Virtual Network Instance.
Are they out of scope of IEEE and IETF?

Linda