[dc] A purpose of the draft /// Re: draft-khasnabish-vmmi-problems-00.txt

Richard Bin liu <richard.bohan.liu@gmail.com> Thu, 16 February 2012 22:04 UTC

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 06:04:24 +0800
From: Richard Bin liu <richard.bohan.liu@gmail.com>
To: david.black@emc.com
Cc: narten <narten@us.ibm.com>, dc <dc@ietf.org>, Bhumip Khasnabish <vumip1@gmail.com>
Subject: [dc] A purpose of the draft /// Re: draft-khasnabish-vmmi-problems-00.txt

Greetings David,

Thank you for your comments and question, it is a good question.
>From your viewpoint, "the interoperability between the different
vender (or SPs)" is the necessary condition of the "to work for the
IETF", but I think it is only a sufficient condition of the "to work
for the IETF", not a necessary condition, for example, do VM migration
between private desktop system with IPV6 addresses systems is not one
of the goals of the IETF? Of course yes. Whether or not to agree with
my viewpoint, seamless VM migration between a variety of computing
systems (servers, tablet PCs, mobile phone system) is an irreversible
trend in the future. Do IETF going to miss it?

So, I am sorry, in my personal viewpoint, your query is debatable.

See here, some people may be in doubt: Is the existing program can not
solve your problem?

Yes, the reasons for defect analysis of existing system can refer to
my following opinion(you can seach "traditional tunneling gateway" to
find it in this mail).

Many thanks for guidance

Regards,

Richard Bin Liu

liu.bin21@zte.com.cn
Richard.BoHan.liu@gmail.com

> About VM migration in the draft, we did not demand forcibly between the different vender(or SPs), so your concerns may not  exist.

In other words, there’s no work for the IETF to do because
interoperability is not a goal.  What have I missed?

Thanks,
--David