Re: [Dclc] Status of the group

"Hui Deng" <denghui@chinamobile.com> Wed, 27 May 2015 01:18 UTC

From: Hui Deng <denghui@chinamobile.com>
To: "'Fred Baker (fred)'" <fred@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 09:18:43 +0800
Cc: "'Eggert, Lars'" <lars@netapp.com>, 'dclc' <dclc@irtf.org>
Subject: Re: [Dclc] Status of the group

> Yesterday, Lingli just had a new baby(girl).

Congratulations to her!

== > thanks for her, she has two now, a boy and a girl, good life.

> I would suggest that dclc could consider to meet in Nov. By that time, Lingli will come back to IETF.

OK, I'll request a side room during that meeting. My previous statement stands, however. Since March of last year, it has been Lingli, myself, and a couple of speakers. When we have been aware of people putting together papers, they have declined to share their research pending publication, and when the publication came out, we haven't heard from them. If folks are looking for a venue to discuss and push a research agenda, we need for them to step up and say so - and the list would be a great place to start. If they wish the meetings were in some other venue, we need for them to step up and say so. If people have another opinion, we need for them to step up and say so.

Right now, it's crickets. No news is not good news.

==> agree, fair enough

DENG Hui