[Dcpel] DCPEL BoF support

Olivier Dugeon <Olivier.Dugeon@rd.francetelecom.com> Fri, 24 February 2006 13:43 UTC

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:43:43 +0100
From: Olivier Dugeon <Olivier.Dugeon@rd.francetelecom.com>
To: Kathleen Nichols <nichols@pollere.com>, dcpel@ietf.org
Subject: [Dcpel] DCPEL BoF support

Hello Kathleen and all,

We are in favor of a such BoF. Again, I'll ask my colleagues whom attend
the next IETF meeting to be present during the DCPEL BoF session
regarding their respective constraint to follow their respective WG.

Concerning the charter, I just want to know if the points described
below could be present:

- Study and define a global framework and architecture which take into
account the inter-domain control plane and not only the intra-domain
- Produce RFC about the end to end CoS definition i.e. by extending the
notion of Per Domain Behavior to the inter domain. The draft about
Meta-CoS class from Pierre Levis could be a starting point
- Produce RFC which define both data and interface to request CoS to the
DCPEL framework from and application i.e. SLS definition in term of
parameters, function and transport prootocol
- Produce RFC on topology acquisition to let the Control Plane in touch
(synchronize) with the Transfert Plane
- Produce RFC on which protocol will fit requirement to exchange
inter-DCPEL SLS i.e. looking how NSIS could fit or be extended to this
purpose.
- Produce RFC on which protocol will fit requirement to enforce QoS in
the underlying network i.e lookink to COPS and NetConf to see how it
could be used

Please, don't hesitate to comment.

Regards,

Olivier

PS. I will be out of my office next week and have sporadic access to my
e-mail

--
Project Manager for Network architecture and switching Division
 & FTR&D/CORE/M2I             | mailto:Olivier.Dugeon@francetelecom.com