Re: [decade] WG Action: Conclusion of Decoupled Application Data Enroute (decade)

Martin Stiemerling <martin.stiemerling@neclab.eu> Mon, 24 September 2012 12:10 UTC

Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 14:09:51 +0200
From: Martin Stiemerling <martin.stiemerling@neclab.eu>
To: "Rahman, Akbar" <Akbar.Rahman@InterDigital.com>
Cc: decade@ietf.org, Konstantinos Pentikousis <k.pentikousis@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [decade] WG Action: Conclusion of Decoupled Application Data Enroute (decade)

On 09/21/2012 04:23 PM, Rahman, Akbar wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>

> Thanks for the feedback.  I will talk to the other authors and see if they agree to use the Independent Stream submission.
>

> On your point:
>
> 	-- snip ---
> 	You can see also this, as the draft talks about the DECADE system which
> 	is not equal to the protocols.
>
> 	-- snip ---
>
> Please note that the nomenclature of "DECADE system" was specifically agreed in the WG to address the comments from the previous AD Dave Harrington.  Also the WG charter specifically prohibited us from selecting and specifying the details of the protocols.  Perhaps this is the cause of some of the confusion for you.

The term "DECADE system" is not necessarily causing confusion to me, it
is the content of the requirements and the architecture draft. The term
DECADE system is summarizing nicely what the documents try to achieve,
although they should discuss requirements and an architecture for DECADE
protocols.

I would appreciate a point to the conclusion that Dave's comments, or
anything else. lead to "DECADE system".

Thanks,

   Martin

--
martin.stiemerling@neclab.eu

NEC Laboratories Europe - Network Research Division NEC Europe Limited
Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL
Registered in England 283