Re: Adjacency index

saperia@tcpjon.ogo.dec.com Fri, 28 August 1992 18:09 UTC

To: Bob Stewart <rlstewart@eng.xyplex.com>
Cc: saperia@tcpjon.ogo.dec.com, phiv-mib@pa.dec.com
Subject: Re: Adjacency index
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 92 13:50:45 -0400
From: saperia@tcpjon.ogo.dec.com

Bob said:
>I've been thinking all along that the circuit number we're talking about is
>the unique index per known circuit that's used to find a circuit in the MIB
>circuit tables.  I don't see a motivation to use any other circuit
>identification for the adjacency table.  Circuit index is the common thread
>throughout the MIB.

And all Jon can add is yes, Yes, YES.

/jon

PS- Here is a for free helpful (I hope) hint to anybody writing managment
software.  If I were to write an application, I would construct it so that
when 'getting' Adjacency information, I would also get and present to the
user, most of the entire row of the circuit paratmers table for the circuit
which is identified by the phivAdjCircuitIndex (this is the same value as the
unique circuit index).  Things like circuit state etc, are very relavant -
I am sure just about everyone on this list knows this and could construct a
very useful presentation of the information.