DECnet MIB question (3)

Debasis Dalapati <deb@tci.bell-atl.com> Fri, 14 August 1992 16:03 UTC

Date: Fri, 14 Aug 92 10:55:24 EDT
From: Debasis Dalapati <deb@tci.bell-atl.com>
To: phiv-mib@pa.dec.com
Subject: DECnet MIB question (3)

Hi,

I am trying to map the DECnet Phase IV MIB's adjacency entry to
the adjacency database of DECnet Routing specification and running into
the following problem. Could someone help me with the followings.

In page 51 of RFC1289, phivAdjListenTimer object has the DESCRIPTION

         "This value determines the maximum number of seconds
          allowed to elapse before Routing receives some message
          (either a Hello message or a user message) from the
          adjacent node on the circuit. It was agreed during
          Routing initialization with the adjacent Routing layer.
          This parameter is qualified by ADJACENT NODE."

In page 53 of RFC1289, phivAdjExecListenTimer object has the DESCRIPTION

         "This read-only value determines the maximum number of
          seconds allowed to elapse before Routing receives some
          message (either a Hello message or a user message) from
          the adjacent node on the circuit. It was agreed during
          Routing initialization with the adjacent Routing layer."

What are the difference between these two objects? They seem to have exact
same description.
Is the first one corresponds to receiving a message (hello or user) from
an adjacent node?
And, is the second one corresponds to sending a message (hello or user)
from the executor node to the adjacent node?

cheers

debasis