Re: DECnet MIB question (3)

saperia@tcpjon.ogo.dec.com Thu, 20 August 1992 14:00 UTC

To: Art Berggreen <art@opal.acc.com>
Cc: saperia@tcpjon.ogo.dec.com, phiv-mib@pa.dec.com
Subject: Re: DECnet MIB question (3)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1992 09:09:37 -0400
From: saperia@tcpjon.ogo.dec.com

Art,

I read your comments about the AdjCircuitIndex and agree that we probably need
to add 1 more object to the Adjacency Table.  I still think this can be done
without multiple indicies (If everyone wants them [two indicies] then we can
put it in).

We can rename the phivAdjCircuitIndex to be phivAdjIndex as you suggest with
exactly the same description I put out yesturday.  I agree with your point
about a better connection with circuit.  So -- the object that I would add is
the INDEX value of the Circuit Parameters Table which is PhivCircuitIndex.  I
was going to suggest phivCircuitCommonName from that same table, but thought
that this might be better.  I am suggesting the PhivCircuitIndex as a value in
the adjacency table not as an additional index otherwise we would have two
indicies again - I may be talking myself into having two?

Does anybody else have a preference??

/jon