[Detnet] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-ip-over-tsn-06: (with COMMENT)

Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 18 February 2021 08:43 UTC

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-detnet-ip-over-tsn@ietf.org, detnet-chairs@ietf.org, detnet@ietf.org, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>, lberger@labn.net
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 00:43:17 -0800
Subject: [Detnet] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-ip-over-tsn-06: (with COMMENT)

draft-ietf-detnet-ip-over-tsn-06: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-ip-over-tsn/

COMMENT:

Roman's comment is a good one.

Section 1

                         As described in [RFC8939] no DetNet specific
   headers are added to support DetNet IP flows, only the forwarding
   sub-layer functions are supported inside the DetNet domain.  [...]

nit: I suggest "so only the forwarding sub-layer functions can be
supported inside the DetNet domain".

Section 4.2

   A TSN-aware IP (DetNet) node implementations must support the Stream

nit: singular/plural mismatch "A TSN-aware IP"/"implementations"

Section 4.4

   Implementations of this document shall use management and control
   information to map a DetNet flow to a TSN Stream.  N:1 mapping
   (aggregating DetNet flows in a single TSN Stream) shall be supported.

I note that in draft-ietf-detnet-tsn-vpn-over-mpls this was a normative
"SHALL be supported" (which was itself the strongest criterion I could
find for that document being standards-track).  Is there a simple
description for what's different between these documents?

Section 9.2

I agree with the other ADs that (most of?) the IEEE references should be
classified as normative.