[Detnet] 答复: [spring] 答复: RE: Comments on draft-geng-spring-sr-redundancy-protection

"Yangfan (IP Standard)" <shirley.yangfan@huawei.com> Sat, 12 June 2021 03:07 UTC

From: "Yangfan (IP Standard)" <shirley.yangfan@huawei.com>
To: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>, "Jeffrey (Zhaohui) Zhang" <zzhang@juniper.net>, 'Rishabh Parekh' <rishabhp@gmail.com>
CC: "'spring@ietf.org'" <spring@ietf.org>, DetNet WG <detnet@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 03:06:55 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.45.238.151]
Subject: [Detnet] 答复: [spring] 答复: RE: Comments on draft-geng-spring-sr-redundancy-protection

Hi Joel,

Apology for not replying you in time. I misses out this email and was reminded by another author yesterday.
Since the idea of redundancy protection comes from service protection specified in DetNet, we surely would like to keep redundancy protection accordance with specifications in DetNet architecture. In addition, as 5G evolves, we also see multiple services outside DetNet also require this ultra high reliability guarantee techonology. Therefore, redundancy protection in SR would become a common mechanism that works in both DetNet and non-DetNet environment.
As Janos said in previous email, there is no specification of DetNet in SRv6 data plane. I think the problem here is that, in DetNet Segment Routing (both in MPLS and IPv6) is not regarded as a new data plane but a technology used in forwarding sub-layer. With SRv6 network programming, it somehow blurs the boundary between DetNet service sub-layer and forwarding sub-layer. I will leave the detailed discussion in Balazs' following up email yesterday.
Again, we don’t initially intend to define a new protocol in SPRING to break DetNet architecture. These two WG are not two battlegrounds where we intentionally want to choose. There was a history and negotiation between two WGs. I think I made it clear when I presented this draft to SPRING and DetNet in IETF 107. I really don’t want to see there is misunderstanding on the motivation.
The authors believe Segment Routing brings new capabilities to IP and MPLS data planes, and would like to make use of these great capabilities to provide DetNet services. That is what we are trying to do in this draft. Of course, during the draft progress, we are happy to discuss whether it violates DetNet architecture or not.
Forgive me if I misspoke any incorrect words as a non-native speaker. I will try to make it clear and correct in future.
Thanks a lot, and have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Fan