Re: [Detnet] New Version Notification for draft-liu-detnet-large-scale-requirements-02.txt

peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn Mon, 18 April 2022 11:56 UTC

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 19:55:47 +0800
From: peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn
To: liupengyjy@chinamobile.com
Cc: detnet@ietf.org, detnet-chairs@ietf.org, draft-liu-detnet-large-scale-requirements@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Detnet] New Version Notification for draft-liu-detnet-large-scale-requirements-02.txt

Hi PengLiu,

Thank you for thinking about the requirements of  large-scale deterministic networks.
I read your new section 5 and feel that its content needs further revision.
In general, it has obvious scheme implication, which should go beyond the scope of requirements documents. For example, flow id field as descibed in section 5.1, cyclic queuing MUST be supported as described in section 5.2, explicit path as described in section 5.4.

So, some comments for section 5:
1. It should not be limited to IPv6, and MPLS also needs to add queuing extension.
2. The description of the treatment of the enhanced data plane is necessary. The treatment includes service protection, forwarding and queuing.
3. The queue mechanism should not be limited to an individual mechanism, even for TSN it is still open to introduce more mechanisms. Not sure if there are data plane extensions for a general queue mechanism.

Regards,
PSF