[Detnet] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-security-13: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 06 January 2021 07:52 UTC

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-detnet-security@ietf.org, detnet-chairs@ietf.org, detnet@ietf.org, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 23:52:50 -0800
Subject: [Detnet] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-security-13: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-detnet-security-13: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-security/

COMMENT:

I found this to be an interesting read.  Once you mentioned aircraft internals,
I was even more into it.

This text in the Abstract caught my eye:

   This document also addresses security considerations specific to the
   IP and MPLS data plane technologies, thereby complementing the
   Security Considerations sections of those documents.

It almost seems appropriate for this one to formally update those if indeed
they were left incomplete.  I realize, however, that's not possible for an
Informational document if the others are Standards Track.

Besides that, some nits:

Section 8.1.8: s/coexistance/coexistence/

In Section 8.1.11, there's an instance of DETNET in all-caps, while it's
"DetNet" everywhere else.

Section 8.1.22, a suggestion:

OLD:

   [...] A strategy used by DetNet
   for providing such extraordinarily high levels of reliability is to
   provide redundant paths that can be seamlessly switched between, all
   the while maintaining the required performance of that system.

NEW:

   [...] A strategy used by DetNet
   for providing such extraordinarily high levels of reliability is to
   provide redundant paths between which traffic can be seamlessly
   switched, all the while maintaining the required performance of that system.