[Detnet] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-over-tsn-06: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 18 February 2021 06:12 UTC

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-over-tsn@ietf.org, detnet-chairs@ietf.org, detnet@ietf.org, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 22:12:51 -0800
Subject: [Detnet] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-over-tsn-06: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-over-tsn-06: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-over-tsn/

COMMENT:

This document is "MPLS over IEEE 802.1 Time-Sensitive Networking".  Also on
this telechat: "IEEE 802.1 Time Sensitive Networking over MPLS".  I wonder if
one is just the inverse of the other.

I concur with Alvaro's statement about the IEEE references being normative.

In Section 2.2, "CW" is defined, but the term used in the document is actually
"d-CW".  The terms "DF", "LSR", "PE", "S-PE", and "T-PE" are defined but not
used anywhere.

In Section 4, I can't parse this sentence: "All these functions have to
identify flows those require TSN treatment (i.e., applying TSN functions during
forwarding)."

Section 6 says: "Therefore, it is important that the interface between DetNet
nodes and TSN sub-network are subject to authorization, authentication, and
encryption."  Would references to documents describing those specific TSN
capabilities be useful here?  I'm not sure if those are covered by the
referenced TSN documents.