Re: [Detnet] questions_about_ draft-eckert-detnet-mpls-tc-tcqf

Peng Liu | 刘鹏 <liupengyjy@chinamobile.com> Mon, 15 November 2021 13:43 UTC

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 21:43:15 +0800
From: Peng Liu | 刘鹏 <liupengyjy@chinamobile.com>
To: "peng.shaofu" <peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn>
Cc: draft-eckert-detnet-mpls-tc-tcqf <draft-eckert-detnet-mpls-tc-tcqf@ietf.org>, detnet <detnet@ietf.org>, tte <tte@cs.fau.de>
Subject: Re: [Detnet] questions_about_ draft-eckert-detnet-mpls-tc-tcqf

Hi Shaofu,

I think there should be some limitation to the ingress traffic, it is unrealistic to expect the network to handle all levels of burst. DetNet's traffic should be predictable in most cases, while for large-scale networks, the unpredictability will be a little more within tolerance, but not unlimited.

If the end-system generates burst traffic, either it need to apply for more resources in advance, or need to accept some delayed transmission, which is not necessarily the responsibility of the network.

We don't have to expect a single method could solve all the problems, a variety of methods refers to edge nodes, transit nodes and controller need to be combined to ensure delay or jitter in different scenarios.

Regards,

Peng