AFS users group meeting: Announcement.

David Carrel <carrel@antlia.ece.cmu.edu> Wed, 04 March 1992 21:05 UTC

From: David Carrel <carrel@antlia.ece.cmu.edu>
To: dfs-wg@citi.umich.edu
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1992 15:42:40 -0500
Subject: AFS users group meeting: Announcement.

The AFS (Andrew File System) Users Group Meeting is coming up soon and I
thought that readers of this list might have some interest.  I have included
the official announcement below.  We are planning to split the technical
program into two tracks if possible: a highly technical track and an
operational/"real world"/beginner track.

For programming information contact:
	Dan Nydick
	Chairman, 1992 Spring AFS Users Group Mtg.
	nydick@psc.edu

Dave Carrel	carrel@ece.cmu.edu
Research Programmer, Computing Facilities
Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University

	AFS User's Group Spring Meeting Announcement and Call for Papers

The Spring AFS User Group meeting will be held June 3rd and 4th, 1992
on the Carnegie Mellon University campus in Pittsburgh, PA.

The AFS User's Group meetings are your bi-annual chance to meet with
other folks who use Transarc's AFS file system (and, increasingly, the
OSF's DFS file system).  The meetings are a forum for comparing notes,
for talking to people interested in the same issues as you, perhaps
even for finding answers to problems you've been facing.

We welcome your comments and ideas.  As in previous years, we are
planning a rather informal meeting and encourage submissions of:
	*) papers and talk to be presented
	*) panels and roundtables (an abstract of a panel you wish to
		lead or a roundtable topic you'd like to participate
		in - we can help with recruiting panelists, if
		necessary.  If you've got a good panel, but don't want
		to participate, we can help find a leader)
	*) short reports of Work In Progress (WIP sessions)
	*) ideas for Bird of Feather sessions (BOF sessions)
	*) things you'd like to hear about from Transarc
	*) anything else you're interested in hearing/doing/presenting
Since this is a meeting of the Users, we need as much involvement from
*you*, the people actually using AFS and DFS, as we can get!

The AFS/DFS community is composed of people of all technical and interest
levels---don't think that what you have to say isn't technical enough,
or that other people wouldn't be interested in your work.  Get involved!

Further information will be provided in future mailings, and
the program will be announced when it's finalized.

Please send ideas and comments to the Program Chair: Dan Nydick.

We hope to see you this spring!

Dan Nydick
Chair, Spring '92 AFSUG meeting
nydick@psc.edu