Agenda for Memphis

"Ralph E. Droms" <droms@charcoal.eg.bucknell.edu> Tue, 18 March 1997 18:57 UTC

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 13:53:34 -0500
Sender: dhcp-v4@bucknell.edu
From: "Ralph E. Droms" <droms@charcoal.eg.bucknell.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <dhcp-v4@bucknell.edu>
Subject: Agenda for Memphis

We have two slots for the DHC WG in Memphis, both on Wednesday 4/9:
1545-1800 and 2000-2200.

Here's a first pass at an agenda.  Obviously, it's *way* too long to
fit into a 2-hour session.  Some of the issues we can deal with on the
mailing list.  Please let me know if I've missed an item you've asked
to have included in the agenda.

- Ralph

=====

Old business:

* Stump - server-selection option draft

* Rekhter - Option 81, DHCP/DNS interaction to PS

* Patrick - Agent Options (draft-dhc-agent-options-00.txt)

* Provan - NDS options <draft-provan-dhcp-options-dir-serv-00.txt>

* Droms - several changes to text in DHCP spec and options docs, from
  mailing list conversation and connectathon

  When should DHCPNAK be sent?
  Should option 60 be defined for use by BOOTP as well as DHCP (for
    use with option 43)?
  Clarification of definition of client-id (incorrect in option doc)
  In DHCP spec, "the DHCPREQUEST packet from the client must contain
    the same transaction ID as the DHCPOFFER packet." is wrong.
  In DHCP spec (4.4.4), client can unicast DHCPDISCOVER message - the
    client MUST broadcast the DHCPDISCOVER message (spec is wrong).

Ongoing discussion:

* Server-server

* Gudmundsson - Security and authentication

* Carney - Connectathon

* Fong, Wenocur - dial-in client issues

New business:

* Gupta - Domain search option

* Gupta - SNMP MIB for DHCP server

* Kwan - URL for proxy service (draft-kwan-proxy-client-conf-00.txt)

* Droms (for Wimer) - draft-martel-bootp-mixedlinklayers-00.txt

* Nishida - dynamic subnetting