AW: [dhcwg] DHCP over ATM

Brandner Rudolf <Rudolf.Brandner@icn.siemens.de> Tue, 05 March 2002 14:45 UTC

From: Brandner Rudolf <Rudolf.Brandner@icn.siemens.de>
To: 'Jim Rainville' <jim@fatboy.rainville.net>
Cc: dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: AW: [dhcwg] DHCP over ATM
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 15:41:04 +0100
Sender: dhcwg-admin@ietf.org

Hi Jim,

there are standards based ways of doing multicasting over NBMAs and ATM in particular. Following some RFCs dealing with this issue to begin with:

2022 Support for Multicast over UNI 3.0/3.1 based ATM Networks. G.
     Armitage. November 1996. (Format: TXT=189219 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED
     STANDARD)
2121 Issues affecting MARS Cluster Size. G. Armitage. March 1997.
     (Format: TXT=26781 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)
2149 Multicast Server Architectures for MARS-based ATM multicasting.
     R. Talpade, M. Ammar. May 1997. (Format: TXT=42007 bytes) (Status:
     INFORMATIONAL)
2269 Using the MARS Model in non-ATM NBMA Networks. G. Armitage.
     January 1998. (Format: TXT=12094 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)
2443 A Distributed MARS Service Using SCSP. J. Luciani, A. Gallo.
     November 1998. (Format: TXT=41451 bytes) (Status: EXPERIMENTAL)
2602 ILMI-Based Server Discovery for MARS. M. Davison. June 1999.
     (Format: TXT=12031 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

But as always, this might not what you have asked for....

Rudi