Re: [dhcwg] Question on Relay address field

"Anil Kumar Reddy. S" <sakreddy@india.hp.com> Sat, 22 September 2001 13:00 UTC

Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:33:46 +0530
From: "Anil Kumar Reddy. S" <sakreddy@india.hp.com>
To: Jim Bound <seamus@bit-net.com>
Cc: "Dhcwg (E-mail)" <dhcwg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] Question on Relay address field
Sender: dhcwg-admin@ietf.org

Hi Jim,

    As per IPv6 rfc2292bis (draft), through the socket option IPV6_RECVPKTINFO
    we can get the index of the interface through which the client packet is
    received. But the index will be same for all aliases and the
    primary address of the interface. So, if we get the interface index
    and try to get the address of that, then we get the link local address only

    because the primary address of an interface is always link local.
    (  Hope, I am clear in explaining   ;-))  )

    In this case, how the relay is expected to work, when an interface
    is configured with the addresses given by Vijay ?? Which address it has
    to consider ??

- Anil