Re: [dhcwg] What sorts of services does DHCP configure?

Sten Carlsen <stenc@s-carlsen.dk> Tue, 15 October 2013 15:38 UTC

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:38:19 +0200
From: Sten Carlsen <stenc@s-carlsen.dk>
To: dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] What sorts of services does DHCP configure?

You do have a point in bringing the user into this.

I suggest to focus on looking at services and servers in three groups:
- location agnostic, DNS is an example.
- location specific, router is an example
- user dependent, IMAP is an example

I think only those that are not user specific should be provided by DHCP.

Next question is of course whether hosts actually request and use these.