RE: [dhcwg] Assigning DHCPv6 option codes

Ralph Droms <rdroms@cisco.com> Wed, 23 January 2002 11:47 UTC

Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 06:38:17 -0500
To: "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se>
From: Ralph Droms <rdroms@cisco.com>
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] Assigning DHCPv6 option codes
Cc: dhcwg@ietf.org
Sender: dhcwg-admin@ietf.org

Bernie - thanks for writing up the proposed change to
draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-04.txt; that new text is exactly what I had in mind.

Are there any specific advantages to avoiding overlap in the two address
spaces?

I will add some text reserving a range of option codes for site-specific
options.  32768-65535 seems extreme; perhaps 57344(0xe000)-65535?

- Ralph