[dhcwg] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-yang-24: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 16 December 2021 14:48 UTC

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-yang@ietf.org, dhc-chairs@ietf.org, dhcwg@ietf.org, Timothy Winters <tim@qacafe.com>, tim@qacafe.com
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 06:48:30 -0800
Subject: [dhcwg] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-yang-24: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-yang-24: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-yang/

COMMENT:

Thanks for publishing another YANG module.

I found this document well written, and in particular I thought that the
section on options extensibility and examples in the appendix to be thoughtful
and helpful.  I ​only have a few minor (non blocking) comments on the structure
of the YANG module that you may wish to consider:

1. You may want to consider putting the counters under a container to group
them together, and perhaps to make it easier for a targeted telemetry
subscription.

2. The paths on your RPCs and top level Notifications are using relative paths
- it would probably be clearer to use absolute paths here.

3. I would remove "container" from the Option description strings, to improve
help string readability.

4. Please make sure that you fix the 3 idnits YANG warnings (e.g., alignment of
the revision-date to the extracted file date).

Perhaps in a future draft the IETF will manage to standardize common
configuration for the class selection function since that will help interop but
I can appreciate that is tricky to get consensus on if the existing models/CLIs
are far apart, and you seem to have taken a pragmatic approach here.

Regards,
Rob