[dhcwg] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-10: (with COMMENT)

Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in> Tue, 23 January 2018 15:56 UTC

From: Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis@ietf.org, Ralph Droms <rdroms.ietf@gmail.com>, dhc-chairs@ietf.org, rdroms.ietf@gmail.com, dhcwg@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 07:56:44 -0800
Subject: [dhcwg] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-10: (with COMMENT)

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-10: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis/

COMMENT:

Many thanks to the Gen-ART reviewer for a thorough review. It sounds like the
authors plan to incorporate edits in response but I wanted to particularly call
out these bits from his summary with which I agree:

"I also found that the new document did not do a good job on the interactions
between relay-agents and servers.  Particularly on the processing of options
between relays and servers and details of reception of Relay-forward messages a
little more detail would help naive readers.

Finally the draft has not made much of an effort to
support possible alternative security algorithms - IETF policy now encourages
protocols to deal with algorithm flexibility  - DHCPv6 as it stands is pretty
thoroughly wedded to HMAC-MD5 and would need some (relatively small) IANA
improvements plus some thought to cope with different algorithms."