Re: [dhcwg] ***CAUTION_Invalid_Signature*** Re: Alignment between softwire-map-dhcp and dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6 drafts

Ole Troan <otroan@employees.org> Mon, 11 November 2013 14:17 UTC

From: Ole Troan <otroan@employees.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 15:16:59 +0100
To: "<ian.farrer@telekom.de> Farrer" <ian.farrer@telekom.de>
Cc: Ian Farrer <ifarrer@me.com>, draft-ietf-softwire-map-dhcp@tools.ietf.org, draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6@tools.ietf.org, Softwires <softwires@ietf.org>, "dhcwg@ietf.org WG" <dhcwg@ietf.org>, "Wojciech Dec (wdec)" <wdec@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] ***CAUTION_Invalid_Signature*** Re: Alignment between softwire-map-dhcp and dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6 drafts

Ian,

> I think that we need to have a pointer (see comments below). What about if the text read:

why do you think a pointer is required?

what about simply:

"
 This document describes DHCPv6 options that are used to provision IPv4 over IPv6 softwires. The lifetime of the softwire
 and the derived configuration information (e.g. IPv4 shared address, IPv4 address or prefix) is bound to the lifetime of the
 DHCPv6 lease.

Other IPv4 configuration information must be provisioned using DHCPv4.
"

cheers,
Ole