Re: [dhcwg] Review of draft-ietf-dhc-topo-conf-01

Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com> Wed, 26 March 2014 03:39 UTC

From: Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>
To: Simon Perreault <simon.perreault@viagenie.ca>, "<dhcwg@ietf.org>" <dhcwg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 03:38:35 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.98.145]
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] Review of draft-ietf-dhc-topo-conf-01

Additional to Simon's comments, here are my review from me.

In general, this is a mature document with clear structure and scope.

Section 3, it is helpful if there are some text to explain/emphases the diff between figure 1 and figure 2 when these figures first presented. In current version, it is not clearly understandable until section 5 and 6.

The footer of Figure 3 and Figure 4 have some errors. They are currently noted as "figure 2 and figure 3"

It may be worthy of adding some text regarding to Relay Agent Information Option (RFC 3046) and Relay-Supplied DHCP Options (RFC 6422), which may initiatively provide more helpful topology information by Relay Agent. This may particularly help in the scenarios of multiple subnets (in section 10). The relay agent may be dedicated to a certain subnet and identify this subnet in Reply-Supplied Option.

Sheng