RE: [dhcwg] dhcpv6-24: movement detection and Confirm message

"Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se> Wed, 08 May 2002 16:18 UTC

From: "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se>
To: 'Thomas Narten' <narten@us.ibm.com>, dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] dhcpv6-24: movement detection and Confirm message
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 11:15:52 -0500
Sender: dhcwg-admin@ietf.org

I don't have a major issue if we dropped Confirm.

It is just one of the ways a client could determine whether it moved; it really isn't a requirement to have within the DHCP specification.

Do note however that since RAs don't have a unique link ID (yet?) and a RA might contain no prefixes (just have the "M" flag set), and in this case Confirm could be useful.

- Bernie