Re: [dhcwg] static route option for dhcpv6

Martin Stiemerling <Martin.Stiemerling@ccrle.nec.de> Fri, 18 January 2002 08:30 UTC

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:20:23 +0100
From: Martin Stiemerling <Martin.Stiemerling@ccrle.nec.de>
To: Jim Bound <seamus@bit-net.com>
Cc: dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] static route option for dhcpv6
Sender: dhcwg-admin@ietf.org

--On Donnerstag, Januar 17, 2002 12:29:00 -0500 Jim Bound
<seamus@bit-net.com> wrote:

> We need the static route option for the dentist office scenarios of IPv6
> where there are two lans and no routers or as VJ pointed out ipv6forwardin
> g is turned on and not doing RAs.

But doesn't an IPv6 router that isn't sending his router advertisements
violate the IPv6 spec? In this case DHCPv6 should not support this feature
in this way.

> We also want it for configured tunnels and its different than DSTM.

Ok, I agree with using it for configured tunnels. But I would choose
another name, like IPv4 Tunnel End Point.

> We should also keep it simple as a config parameter.

Yes.