Re: [dhcwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mglt-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-00.txt

Sten Carlsen <stenc@s-carlsen.dk> Sun, 20 October 2013 22:19 UTC

Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 00:19:28 +0200
From: Sten Carlsen <stenc@s-carlsen.dk>
To: dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mglt-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-00.txt

Hi

Having read this lightly and not thoroughly it strikes me that it almost
amounts to hijacking the customers own naming efforts?  If I read this
wrongly, please excuse, my opinions may not be the general opinions.

The way I see this, is that either I know what I want and make my own
DNS-entries or I don't care, in which case there is no meaning in doing
naming for people, specially as these namings will likely not be
meaningful to people.

Just my 0.02EUR