Re: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-09.txt - questions about Solicit Prefix Delegation

Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petrescu@gmail.com> Thu, 06 July 2017 15:40 UTC

To: "Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com>, "dhcwg@ietf.org" <dhcwg@ietf.org>
From: Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petrescu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 17:40:43 +0200
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-09.txt - questions about Solicit Prefix Delegation

Le 06/07/2017 à 00:58, Templin, Fred L a écrit :
> Hi Alex,
>
>> Is it ok to use a GUA in the src address of a Solicit Prefix Delegation?
>>    Is the GUA mandatory, or could LL do it as well? (some server seems to
>> require it to be a GUA).
>
> How would the client get the GUA before it does the PD Solicit? SLAAC?

SLAAC or some other unknown under-IP protocol.

> IA_NA Solicit?

The server does not want to hear IA_NA, I dont know why.

> What if all the client needs is the PD and no other GUAs?

If the server could do it, and if it could provide the default route,
it would be really great.

> With my code, I do PD Solicit with link-local source address with no
> problems. I have been using the kea DHCP server, but it seems like
> it should work for other servers as well.

I dont know what server my operator uses but I speculate it to be either
Cisco, or Ericsson or a clone.

Is KEA server able to work on cellular links?

Alex