[dhcwg] Urgent! Iran! Can you help? Please also forward.

"Jamshid Pashutan" <> Mon, 11 March 2002 10:36 UTC

Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 02:46:19 -0800
From: Jamshid Pashutan <>
To: dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: [dhcwg] Urgent! Iran! Can you help? Please also forward.
Sender: dhcwg-admin@ietf.org

The purpose of my letter is to introduce the Azadegan Foundation and to request your assistance.  The Azadegan Foundation is a Not-for-Profit 501c3 organization dedicated to the promotion of democracy, human rights, and the establishment of a secular government in Iran.  Our organization has a concrete, measurable strategy for facilitating change, and it is crucial for us at this juncture to secure your financial and moral support in order to accomplish our objectives.

The clerical clique in Tehran views the world as a Mosque to be run by clerics who are inspired by the ecumenical revolutionary ideals of Ayatollah Khomeini.  As each day passes, The Islamic regime of Tehran is ever increasing its covert political, financial, military and logistical support to a variety of terrorist groups.

Citizens who have risen against the tyrannical rule of the clerics have been repressed brutally.  Despite the danger they face, they are demanding that the regime put an end to its arbitrary rule, and to free political prisoners.  Their struggle will continue and will intensify until the retreat of the ruling clerics to mosques, and the ultimate transfer of power to the people.

Today, persecution of religious minorities continues, almost all pro-democracy newspapers have been shut down, and editors and writers have been imprisoned.  Student leaders and all nationalist opposition leaders are being arrested and mercilessly tortured in prison, and women (even pregnant women) are stoned to death.

Iran's population is now 70 million, with 45 million under 25 years of age.  The economic situation and the over all standard of living is rapidly deteriorating.  Discontent among the military, and even the Revolutionary Guard created by the regime, is ever increasing.  Religious leaders and religious foundations totally control the economy.

The Iranian people desire freedom, democracy, and the establishment of a secular Government.  Please reply to this Email for more information about volunteering or supporting the Azadegan Foundation.

Support the struggle of the Iranian people!  Volunteers are always welcome.  Contributions and Inquiries should be addressed to:
Azadegan Foundation,
PO Box 40152, Washington, DC 20016, USA
Phone 541-606-3050
Fax 202-363-5985.
Email: pashutan@qwest.net

Thank you very much for your time and consideration in to this matter.  I look forward to speaking with you further. Please forward this letter to your friends and associates.  You can help make a difference!

Sincerely Yours,
Jamshid Pashutan
Advocate for the People

Please reply by Email, call us, fax, or snail mail  us for more information and reference material.
Email me at:: pashutan@qwest.net

You received this Email because we aquire Email lists of individuals who may be interested in supporting the Iranian people and their struggle for freedom and democracy.  If you have received this message in error, or if you do not wish any further communications from our office, Please respond with 'remove' in the subject line.
To stop all Emails instantly,
Email pashutan@qwest.net with subject of 'remove'.