[dhcwg] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-07: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 10 June 2020 08:04 UTC

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign@ietf.org, dhc-chairs@ietf.org, dhcwg@ietf.org, Tomek Mrugalski <tomasz.mrugalski@gmail.com>, Ian Farrer <ianfarrer@gmx.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 01:04:40 -0700
Subject: [dhcwg] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-07: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-07: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign/

COMMENT:

Section 1:
* "... -  more details are in Appendix A." -- This should be its own sentence.

Section 3:
* "... typically 6 octets long." -- s/6/six/ (and for all numbers below 10 in
prose; more below) * "... (extra) addresses/ A single address ..." -- that
slash should be a period

Section 4.3:
* "... may specify a specific ..." -- maybe "include a specific"?
* "... with offered address or addresses." -- put "an" before "address"
* Can we just refer to Figure 1 over in RFC 8415 rather than copying it here?
* "An administrator may make the address assignment permanent by ..." -- this
is already stated earlier in the same section

Section 5:
* In the second paragraph, two consecutive sentences start with "Therefore".  I
suggest just dropping the first instance.

Section 8:
* "... expand the address block - once ..." -- make that an em dash, or a new
sentence

Section 10.1:
* "A 4-octet field ..." -- suggest "four-octet" (three instances in this
section, more in 10.2)

Section 10.2:
* I suggest that naming the IANA registry here is sufficient; the URL isn't
needed.  (What if it were to change?) * "A 2-octet field ..." -- suggest
"two-octet"

Section 11:
* "Ethernet / IEEE ..." -- somewhere earlier in the document, the liberal
spacing here caused funny wrapping to occur, so I suggest "Ethernet/IEEE"

Section 12:
* Same comment about the registry URLs here as above.